PUTTING YOU FIRST!
Results And Experience You Can Trust
Elizabeth G. Grimes “Libby”
Elizabeth G. Grimes is Managing Partner at Grimes Yeoman, PLLC. Known locally as “Libby”, Ms. Grimes represents plaintiffs in cases involving serious bodily injuries, wrongful death, and traumatic brain injuries. Ms. Grimes received her B.A. in Economics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in December of 1985, graduating a semester early, and received her law degree from Wake Forest University School of Law in 1989.
Ms. Grimes is admitted to practice before the North Carolina State Bar and the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina. Her professional affiliations include the North Carolina State Bar, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, North Carolina Bar Association, American Association for Justice, American Bar Association, Iredell County Bar Association, and Mecklenburg County Bar Association, among others.
Ms. Grimes is rated AV Preeminent (5.0 of 5.0), the highest professional rating achievable from Martindale-Hubbell, a national organization that rates attorneys and law firms. According to Martindale-Hubbell, “an AV peer review rating is a significant accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.” For information regarding the standards for inclusion in Martindale Hubbell peer review ratings, visit www.martindale.com.
Ms. Grimes is a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum*, signifying her involvement in cases obtaining million dollar and multi-million dollar recoveries for injured clients.
Additionally, Mrs. Grimes is a member of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers; Top 25 Women Trial Lawyers; and Top 100 Brain Injury Lawyers*, Super Lawyers*, and American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- J.D. – 1989
- Honors: Wake Forest Law Review, Wake Forest School of Law Moot Court Board, Quarterfinalist First Year Moot Court Competition, American Jurisprudence Awards in Remedies
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- B.A. – 12/1985
- Major: Economics
Classes & Seminars
- Documentation, Chain of Command & Lawyer Relations, Rowan Regional Medical Center, 2007
- Documentation, Board Actions & Lawyer Relations, Catawba County Dental Society, 2007
- Board Member, Brain Injury Association of North Carolina
• Member, Mooresville Chamber of Commerce
• Health & Safety Sponsor, FeedNC
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- American Bar Association
- American Advocates for Justice
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Iredell County Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Personal Injury Litigation, Including Catastrophic Injury
- Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury
- Trucking and Automobile Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Workplace Accidents
- Premises Liability
- North Carolina, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- Super Lawyers, Peer Selected Member 2019-Present
- Best Lawyers Peer-Review Awards, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2022
- Lifetime Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2010 – Present
- Lifetime Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2010 – Present
- Rated AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell, The Highest Possible Peer Rating by Other Attorneys and Judges, since 2008
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2020
- Member, Top 25 Women Trial Lawyers, 2019- Present
- Member, Top 25 Brain Injury Trial Lawyers, 2019- Present
- Former Council Member, Workers’ Compensation Section of the North Carolina Bar Association, 1999-2002